Pin It button on image hover

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Game Time

I love college football... best time of the year. Yesterday was a great day for a game. The weather was sunny and warm but cooled off for the game and it worked out perfectly.







I changed my tailgating menu a little bit after we decided to grill. Instead of the chicken, I made burgers at my husband's request. He named them "Todd's famous double stuffed bacon cheeseburgers" - not exactly a nickname and since it was the first time I've made them, I'm not sure they qualified as famous but they are now. They were a huge hit.

Todd's Famous Double Stuffed Bacon Cheeseburgers
(Serves 8)

2 pounds hamburger (I used 93/7)
1 pound ground turkey (again 93/7 - use any combination you like)
1 egg
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Lawry's seasoning salt
1 tsp black pepper
6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 oz sharp cheddar cheese
8 slices pepper jack cheese

Mix the meat, egg, bread crumbs and spices. Form into 16 equal size patties, making the middles slightly thinner then the edges. On half the patties, place crumbled bacon and cheddar in the center. Top with the remaining patties and pinch the edges closed. Grill approximately 5 minutes on each side. Add the pepper jack slices to the top and cook until melted with the grill closed (about 1 minute). Do not press down on the burgers with the spatula while cooking or cheese is likely to squeeze out. Serve on fresh hamburger buns/rolls.

I also made crab dip for the game. It was very simple and easy to throw together at the last minute.


Spicy Crab Dip

1 package lump crab meat, diced
1 package cream cheese (I use FF)
1 cup sour cream (I use FF)
1/2 jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 jalepeno, seeded and diced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, if necessary

Blend softened cream cheese and sour cream until mixed. Stir in remaining ingredients. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails